This guest recipe blog comes to you from Phil at www.love2bbq.co.uk
I wanted to cook a Chicken Burger that was a little different in taste. I decided that using the Spiced Mango and Lime rub from The Smokey Carter, would provide some subtle Indian flavours, without being totally overpowering.
The rub has Indian inspired flavours, with ingredients in the rub including curry powder, cumin, turmeric and cardamon amongst others. If you like Indian food this rub will be right up your street. I also think it would also be great on fish.
When putting the burger together the Spiced Pineapple and Nigella Chutney spread on both sides of the bun works really well.
Steps / Method:
- Mix together the Rapeseed Oil and Spice Mango & Lime Rub in a food or freezer bag and add the chicken breast. Make sure the whole breast gets covered in the mixture then seal the bag and place in the fridge for a minimum of 8 hours but up to 24 hours.
- Take the marinated chicken out of the fridge about 1 hour before you want to cook. Set-up your BBQ for indirect cooking. When the coals are ready to be cooked on pour into your BBQ and add the chicken to the indirect area of the BBQ. Sprinkle a little more rub onto the chicken.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Put the sliced lettuce, tomatoes and avocado to one side.
- Once the chicken hits 75°C, cook the bacon directly. This will take a couple of minutes each side. Be careful not to burn your bacon as it is easily done.
- Once the bacon is cooked move it to the indirect area of the BBQ and lightly toast both sides of the bun.
- Finally, give the chicken a light sear directly for around 30 seconds on each side.
- To plate up, add a tablespoon of the Spiced Pineapple & Nigella Chutney on each side of the bun. Layer the bun with the lettuce and tomato before adding the chicken breast.
- Cut the chicken breast horizontally, to make 2 small fillets and lie these on top of the lettuce and tomato. Next, add the bacon and finally the avocado on top before placing the top of the bun on the stack!
Special thanks to Phil for another great recipe. For more recipes from Love2BBQ head to their website www.love2bbq.co.uk and be sure to follow them on their social media channels. Twitter – love2bbquk
Ownership of Images and content remain that of © Phil @ Love2BBQ and www.love2bbq.co.uk. All rights reserved.