This guest recipe blog comes to you from Phil at www.love2bbq.co.uk
I am so hooked on kebabs. Doesn’t matter about the meat, whether it is beef, chicken, pork or fish, I just can’t get enough kebabs.
This Brazilian Style Beef Kebab is fantastic. Using the Brazilian BBQ Spice Rub, gave this kebab a fantastic flavour. The smell from the marinade was unbelievable. I was so excited about this cook the night before due to the smell.
The marinade certainly didn’t disappoint and packed quite a punch both in terms of taste and spiciness.
The rib-eye was lovely and tender but also very juicy. Doing it for 6 minutes cooked the meat medium to medium-well, so if you prefer your steak a little less well done just reduce the cooking times. Personally, with kebabs, I prefer the meat cooked medium, whereas with steak I will have it medium rare.
When I cook kebabs I typically follow the method below. I find doing this produces great results each time.
- Marinate the meat for at least 8 hours and preferably overnight
- Cook the kebabs using Russian Skewers
- Do not overcook the meat
I really am really loving the rubs from The Smokey Carter. Really distinct flavours that do not get lost during the cook.
1. Mix the Brazilian Rub, Lizano Salsa, Olive Oil and Salt into a bowl and combine, mixing well.
2. Dice the Rib-eye steak 4cm cubes, trimming off some of the excess fat. They don’t have to be dead-on 4cm but I like large chunks of meat as I think they stand up to the cooking better. Add the beef to the marinade and mix well. Place in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
3. About an hour before you want to cook remove the meat from the fridge and skewer. Cook for around 6 minutes turning halfway through. This will cook the meat medium to medium-well so if you like your kebabs less well done reduce the cooking time.
4. Remove from the BBQ and serve with salad and some flatbreads (or pittas).
Thanks once again to Phil for this delicious looking recipe. There are loads of tasty looking cooks from Love2BBQ on their website www.love2bbq.co.uk and be sure to follow them on their social media channels. Twitter – love2bbquk
If you’re recreating these awesome recipes, don’t forget to tag us in your Twitter, Instagram and Facebook posts. We love to see your creations!
Ownership of Images and content remain that of © Phil @ Love2BBQ and www.love2bbq.co.uk. All rights reserved.