Gin Botanicals Infusion Tube
Gift Set Includes:
- Juniper Berries 30g – Adds a mild bittersweet and spicy taste. The main botanical in all gin. Serving – 3-5 berries to suit your taste.
- Pink Peppercorns and Hibiscus 20g – Adds fruity, spicy notes with a tart berry-rich finish. Serving – Use 4-6 peppercorns and 1-2 pieces of hibiscus.
- Rose Petals 8g – Adds sweet floral notes and an attractive colour. Serving – Use a pinch or two to suit your taste.
- Cardamom Pods and Coriander Seeds 30g – Adds a distinct heady aroma with a sweet and spicy flavour. Serving – Use 1-2 cardamom pods and 3-5 coriander seeds. Gently squeeze between your fingers before adding, to release the natural oils and flavours.
- Star Anise 20g – Adds spicy Asian aromatics and liquorice notes. Serving – Use 1-2 pieces to suit your taste.
- Infusion bags x 2
Not got our Gin Botanicals Infusion Tube yet? You can buy it here…
Using the Botanicals as a Garnish
Simply add your choice of botanicals as a garnish to your favourite gin and tonic or cocktail. This will delicately flavour the drink, enhance its visual appeal and create a moreish aroma. Botanicals such as the hibiscus will start to give your drink a wonderful colour after a few minutes.
Using the Botanicals for Infusing
Our botanicals are great for adding flavour and bringing a plain shop bought vodka or gin to life. We have included a couple of infusion bags so you can steep the alcohol and remove the botanicals easily. Take a glass jar with a lid (Kilner style jars work well) place the filled infusion bag in the jar, cover with the chosen alcohol and leave for up to 48 hours for the delicious flavours to penetrate. Experiment with different flavour combinations.
Quantities per 750ml:
- Create a delicate Rose flavoured Gin with 4-6 grams of rose petals in the infusion bag.
- For a deep rich red coloured gin add 2 teaspoons of Juniper berries to the infusion bag along with 1 teaspoon of pink peppercorns and a few hibiscus flowers and infuse with vodka.
- Spice things up and try one with a tablespoon of cardamom & coriander and a few pieces of star anise.
Experiment with different combinations. The flavours will start to infuse almost straight away so it can be ready in as little as an hour or two but you can also leave for up to 48 hours.
Amaze your guests with botanical ice cubes. Add some botanicals into your ice cube trays before freezing and these will bleed colour and flavour into the water before they fully freeze. They look awesome in cocktails. We used ice ball molds which can be purchased online.