Rotisserie chicken, a thing of beauty and so easy to do at home. As you’ve now gathered I used the Weber Rotisserie for lots of different cooks on the Weber Mastertouch. It’s a great bit of kit and what can be simpler than rubbing up a nice plump chicken and cooking it till crispy on the outside and moist on the inside?
- 1 Large chicken or why not 2! (there is plenty of room on there)
- 20g of Smokey Chipotle BBQ Rub
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- BBQ with rotisserie attachment.
- Charcoal set up for indirect cooking. A pile either side of the rotisserie works great.
Cooking the perfect Rotisserie Chicken
Ok so cooking the perfect rotisserie chicken really isn’t that hard. The key is the rotisserie which self bastes the chicken as it cooks. We’ve got a Weber Rotisserie but there are many similar on the market which will fit most barbecues.
- Rub the oil all over the chicken, this will help the rub stick to the chicken and soak in nicely.
- Take the Smokey Chipotle BBQ Rub and coat the chicken all over. Leave for half an hour for the rub to settle onto the chicken.
- Skewer the chicken onto the rotisserie and tighten the prongs to hold it in place firmly.
- Place onto the preheated BBQ and cook on the rotisserie with the lid on for around 1 hour at approx 220c. Add on a chunk or two of wood for added smoke flavour. We like to use cherry wood.
- The MEATER wireless thermometer allowed us to keep an eye on the internal temperature. Getting the chicken to the perfect temperature will ensure the meat stays moist and won’t overcook. An instant read thermometer will work just as well.
- The internal temperature should read 75c. Before the chicken reaches it’s final temperature move some coals directly underneath the chicken to allow the skin to crisp up even more. Once it reaches this temperature take the chicken off and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Make sure to ag us in your creations and cooks @Thesmokeycarter.